Sunday, May 17, 2015

HELLO WORLD (World is great, isn't it?)

Hi there!

Welcome to the amazing GLOBE Fellows Blog where I am going to post about our trip to Nicaragua. Before I start blogging let me introduce myself. My name is Aleksandra (Ola) Wachowicz and I am an international student from Poland. Today I graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Management. I came to St. John's University to play NCAA Division I Volleyball.

What a great four years I have had here. I am very thankful to call myself alumni of this outstanding institution. SJU gave me opportunities I never thought I would have, and introduced me to experiences I never even thought about. Although I met many wonderful people, teammates, and professors, Dr. Sama is the most influential person I met. She founded GLOBE, Global Loaning Opportunities for Budding Entrepreneurs program. It is by far the best program and class I have attended while studying. I was a GLOBE Manager during the Fall 2014 and I was in the Information and Technology Team. In brief, GLOBE strives to alleviate poverty in the world. It makes me feel so good inside to know I can make a difference in the world. I am honored to be chosen to go for the trip to Nicaragua with three other amazing GLOBE Fellows, Dr. Sama and Alina, Dr. Sama’s Graduate Assistant. We are going to Nicaragua for 8 long (very long) days. We are going to visit various philanthropic sites, many directly associated with the microfinance industry. There is no doubt in my mind that I will meet many inspirational people who are dedicated to helping the poor and marginalized. I am so thrilled to be traveling to Nicaragua tomorrow morning, and so grateful to every individual who made our journey possible. I would like to thank members of the Board of Trustees and other individuals who provide the funds necessary to continue the GLOBE Student Fellows program.

Please meet the GLOBE Fellows.From the left: Kevin, Mariam, me and Chinyere.

And with Dr. Sama (she is the best).

Us, again, Dr. Sama took us by surprise during Final Presentations of GLOBE Class of Spring 2015. We all received gorgeous awards for being chosen to be GLOBE Student Fellows.

I hope that you will follow this blog (I am going to post a lot of gorgeous pictures) and be inspired to work towards poverty alleviation. See you in Managua!

No comments:

Post a Comment