Monday, May 13, 2013

Hi there!

Hi there!

Welcome to my page, where I will blog about the GLOBE Student Fellows trip to Nicaragua.

I was a GLOBE manager during the Spring 2012 Semester and was on the Finance and Risk Assessment Team.  Since entering the Peter J. Tobin College of Business, I had been looking for a way to combine the business skills I was learning in class with the Vincentian ideals of service and love for the poor that St. John's values.  I found an opportunity to use my education to promote social justice through GLOBE.

At the end of the Spring 2012 semester, I felt that through GLOBE, I had become a part of something bigger than myself.  I wanted to stay involved, and the IT and Communications teams in the proceeding classes kept me up-to-date with the triumphs of the next two classes.

As a GLOBE Student Fellow, I now have the chance to keep you in the loop about GLOBE.  I hope that you will follow this blog and be inspired to work towards poverty alleviation.

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment