Thursday, May 9, 2013

Expectations

My expectations/goals for this GLOBE Fellows trip to Nicaragua falls into two categories, professional and personal. 

Professional:

Learning something new every day.
Meet as many individuals as possible and keep in touch.
Practice my Spanish. 
Spread the word about GLOBE, our initiatives and St. John's University. 


Personal:

Become more in tune with myself. 
Discover the road ahead, known as my future
Develop myself in areas where I currently lack. 


Expectations are funny in how it works because it's usually one of the two extremes.  If everything meets the expectation then the experience was positive and vice versa. Hence the reason for my broad expectations. If I have precise expectations it would lead to tunnel vision. Which would take away from the experience. Therefore, my rule of thumb going to Nicaragua is to keep a very OPEN MIND. 

No comments:

Post a Comment